Managing your time effectively also means being aware of the many dates and deadlines that affect you as a student, and planning accordingly. Most important University dates are divisional, that is, they are specific to your faculty, school, UTSC, UTM or a specific program of study. The official source for these dates is your division’s academic calendar.
Here are the different kinds of dates you should seek out from your division and carefully record. This is not an exhaustive list; rather a starting point.
Each faculty or school publishes a list of important academic dates. These include the first and last day of classes, examination periods and the deadlines for adding and dropping courses. Please note that course add/drop dates are not the same as the fee refund schedule for your division (see Financial Dates below).
Here are the links to the Sessional Dates for the largest University divisions:
- Faculty of Arts and Science
- Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering
- School of Graduate Studies
For all other divisions, check your academic calendar.
Deadlines for fee payment, fee refund schedules and other financial dates are posted on the Student Accounts website.
Each division publishes a refund schedule. This schedule outlines the dates by which you must drop a course in order to be refunded all or part of your fees. The refund dates are not the same as the academic add/drop dates (see above).
Most exam timetables are published online. Here are link to some of the largest divisions’ examination timetables.
All other students should check with their faculty registrar for up to date information regarding exam schedules.
University Holiday Schedule
July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015
- Canada Day: Tuesday, July 1, 2014
- Civic Holiday: Monday, August 4, 2014
- Labour Day: Monday, September 1, 2014
- Thanksgiving Day: Monday, October 13, 2014
- Christmas / New Year: Monday, December 22, 2014 to Friday, January 2, 2015 inclusive
- Family Day: Monday, February 16, 2015
- Good Friday: Friday, April 3, 2015
- Victoria Day: Monday May 18, 2015
July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016
- Canada Day: Wednesday, July 1, 2015
- Civic Holiday: Monday, August 3, 2015
- Labour Day: Monday, September 7, 2015
- Thanksgiving Day: Monday, October 12, 2015
- Christmas / New Year: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 to Friday, January 1, 2016 inclusive
- Family Day: Monday, February 15, 2016
- Good Friday: Friday, March 25, 2016
- Victoria Day: Monday, May 23, 2016
It is the policy of the University to arrange reasonable accommodation around the needs of students who observe religious holy days other than those already accommodated by ordinary scheduling and statutory holidays. The Office of the Vice-President and Provost publishes an annual schedule of Dates for Religious Observances.
When a closure due to inclement weather conditions occurs during normal office hours, notification of the decision will be recorded on the 416-978 -SNOW (7669) line and on the
Students at UTSC can also call 416-287-7026 or check the UTSC home page.
Students at UTM can also call 905-569-4455 or check the UTM Snow Information site.
I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! No time to say hello, goodbye! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!" -- The White Rabbit, fictional character in Lewis Carroll's book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.